Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Longest Day Coordinator
at Alzheimer's Association
This position will manage development and execution of local Longest Day recruitment and retention efforts and be held accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of a Volunteer Committee.
* Manage, coordinate, and implement all aspects of assigned fundraising activities including but not limited to, The Longest Day, and other fundraising events. (including recruiting volunteers, securing venues, sponsorships, teams, etc.)
* Utilize best practices to grow participation and fundraising within The Longest Day and other assigned events.
* Solicit monetary and in-kind donations from sponsors and local businesses and coach volunteers to do the same.
* Recruit and train volunteer committees to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s reach in the community.
* Collaborate with volunteer committees to develop and implement a plan for sponsorship, recruitment, underwriting and marketing for all events.
* Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities with volunteer leaders. Prepare presentations, materials, and reports
* Assume primary responsibility for event logistics. Arrange for event requirements, such as entertainment, setting up equipment and decorations, etc.
* Assist with and maintain databases for all event participants and donors.
* Customize and maintain event websites, Facebook pages and databases
* Work with Chapter Leadership to establish budgets, work plans and timelines
* Interface and serve as a liaison for all levels of staff and volunteers.
* Manage, evaluate, and expand fundraising programs under the direction of the Development Director and Chapter leadership.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete financial records for each event. Submit reports to the Development Director, for analysis and review.
* Work with the Chapter senior management team as needed to promote and support their efforts.
* Represent the Association at public events, conferences, workshops, and media events
?Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
?3 years experience in a nonprofit development/fundraising setting
?Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees
?Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines
?Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
?Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
?Must develop and maintain relationships
?Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals
?Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
?Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative.
?Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
?Ability to coach and develop volunteers and to work effectively with diverse populations
?High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
?Ability to work evenings and weekends and to travel as needed to perform job duties
?Ability to lift up to 20lbs
* Normal office environment
* High volume of contact with public
* Travel by car to attend meetings chapter wide, and by air to attend other meetings
* Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight timelines
* Computer workstation
* Multi-line phone, Conference phone
* Audiovisual equipment
* Microsoft Suite and Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
* Convio and other fundraising databases