Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Operations Manager
at Orr Corporation
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, ORR Corporation started almost 70 years ago when Clark Orr Sr. began selling safety equipment from the trunk of his car. Since that time, our family-owned company has grown to 500 employees building on the hard work of our founder. The business is dedicated to providing protection for people, property and then environment through 3 divisions: Orr Safety, Orr Protection Systems and Inspection Logic.
While most companies say “Our people are our highest priority”, many don’t live up to the hype. ORR Corporation was built on a commitment to our employees and putting people first. Our employees feel a part of a strong family environment and the founders have always operated with a philosophy that if our employees are happy and valued, profits will follow. This strategy has been central to our success and growth.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and responsible company that fosters the development of our employees. We are seeking an Accounting Operations Manager for our Accounting team. The position will be based in Louisville, KY and role is not eligible for relocation assistance. As an essential part of a growing Accounting Team, this position will supervise and/or perform all defined financial functions for the organization in a deadline driven office environment. He/she will interact with associates, external financial organizations, and organization leadership on a regular basis; and provide the Controller with various reports, financial data, and analysis upon request.
- Decision Analysis
- Cost Management
- Performance Management
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager include, but not limited to:
- Oversight and management of all functions associated with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable / Credit, and Fixed Assets.
- Establishing and coordinating all accounting procedures for the organization.
- Responsible for adherence to the system of internal controls.
- Responsible for accurate recording of all financial records including supporting the preparation activity of financial statements, support of year-end closing activities, and support of pre-audit fiscal year-end financial statements.
- Serve as lead on the Red Flags reporting process and support of PCI Compliance (with I.T.).
- Partner with Operations and Sales Teams to drive, implement, and execute continual improvement initiatives.
- Partner with Category Management and Purchasing on supplier set up and annual review, including terms & conditions review, certificate of insurance review, and EFT / remittance review.
- Establishment, monitoring, and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable / Credit teams.
- Providing support on customer bids, including labor rates for TSD, U.S. government representation/certification documents, and market basket terms & conditions.
- Serve as administrator of Freight Auditing service.
- Serve as administrator of Office Supply procurement (including adherence).
- Serve as one of many leaders in driving continual improvement activities.
- Assisting in the formulation of the budget and subsequent forecasts.
- Lead on providing accounting services to B2C Ventures, Inc. and HRD Safety, LLC.
- Establish and lead on Business Review Process with various operational and sales units within the organization.
- Partner with Demand Management to develop Purchasing/Payable forecasts.
- Partner with Suppliers to improve our payables processing (i.e. paperless) and to improve our working capital turns.
- Partner with Customers to improve/simplify our invoicing processing (i.e. streamline) and to improve our working capital turns.
- All applicants must strongly support the goals, philosophy, vision and mission of the ORR companies.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Finance and Accounting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Access, and ERP financial software packages.
- Five or more years of extensive financial reporting, analysis, inventory control, costing, and leadership experience (preferably with a distribution or manufacturing organization);
- Experience managing direct reports strongly preferred.