Southern States Cooperative, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agronomy Sales Leader
at Southern States Cooperative, inc.
Job TitleAgronomy Sales Leader
LocationCharlotte Hall Service-79253
Area of InterestAgronomy
This position will cover the Eastern Shore/VA territory. Provide leadership, vision and direction to the Agronomy Sales Managers (ASM's) within defined districts. Responsible for directing the activities of the agronomy sales force in achieving sales and margin goals for fertilizer, seed, crop protectants, precision ag and other services. Provide primary responsibility for strategic accounts within defined districts.
Essential Job Functions
- Meets or exceeds budgeted sales and margins for fertilizer, seed and crop protectants and services.
- Directs the sales efforts of professional Agronomy Sales Managers to achieve sales and margin targets for fertilizer, seed and crop protectants and services.
- Assists ASM's to call on customers to solicit sales and make recommendations on sales techniques and program strategies.
- Coordinates, in conjunction with district GM's, for monthly sales meetings and team building activities designed to facilitate information flow and team camaraderie.
- Collaborates with ASM's to develop local crop plots and oversee use of plot data to further promote SSC products and services.
- Directs sales training such as training events and establishes training programs that require an understanding of material presented and demonstrated understanding of material.
- Works collaboratively with basic CPP and seed reps in defined territory and helps build bridges between companies as well as maximize local rebates / resources for SSC.
- Assists in developing future ASM's and sales leaders in districts through mentoring programs to build pipeline of talent for SSC.
- Works with General Managers (GM's), Agronomy Sales Managers (ASM's) and Business Analysis to identifying key end-user prospects within a defined geography and developing action plans, in conjunction with the Wholesale Divisions and Agronomy Operations, to grow market share through new customer prospects.
- Works with General Managers and Business Unit Management in the assigning of ASM accounts and establishing sales goals per ASM that are in line with budget expectations.
- Collaborates on sales efforts with General Managers, Business Unit Management, Precision Ag and Procurement to ensure alignment with Agronomy sales and operations strategies.
- Provides market intelligence and industry specific sales information to Agronomy & Retail management to ensure desired market penetration and competitive pricing posture necessary to maintain supremacy in the markets we serve.
- Works in tandem with the leadership of both the Agronomy & Retail management to ensure Southern States has the most current product & supply information by territory to maximize sales & margins.
- Participates in strategic planning and budgeting process to assist in the development of strategies that ensure the achievement of both short and long-term crop sales goals for the organization.
- Develops and maintains liaison with government and industry organizations that benefit and promotes Southern States in the crop business arena.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed to ensure the success and promotion of Southern States.
Direct the sales efforts of approximately $125 million in sales volume and margin contributions of approximately $20 million.
Education: B.S. Degree in Agronomy preferred and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the crops industry required. Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) credentials highly recommended.
Experience:Demonstrated ability in leading a successful sales force to meet and exceed crop sales targets.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to interact well with customers, suppliers, employees and management of all levels
- Proven ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to create and present interesting, informative and educational product presentations
- Proficient with all WinField-United tools (i.e. R7 Tool, Equinox, CRM, Seed Link, etc.)
- Daily travel, extended hours and overnight travel required (40% or more)
- Act with integrity, deliver results, demonstrate thought leadership and leverage talent
- Good verbal and written communication skills with all levels
- Presentation skills
- Concentration, memory and decision making
- While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions
- Farm machinery can be loud, fields are dusty and dirty and weather conditions can vary from hot and humid to cold and wet
Physical Activities & Requirements
While performing the essential job functions of this position, the following is required:
- Continuously Drive, finger and handle, reach with arms and hands, twist back and neck, repetitive motion feet and hands, walk
- Frequently Balance, bend, stand, crouch, kneel, pull, push, lift, carry up to 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted, climb, sit, stoop
Must be able to speak to co-workers and customers regarding day-to-day business operations.
Tools & Equipment
Computer, printer, phone
Southern States Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice.