Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Duties Include: The Office Manager manages, hires, terminates clerical/office administrative personnel in office locations of 60+ total FTE’s. Manages payroll and Human Resource processes at the office level. Responsible for reception functions, office maintenance, office equipment and other general office management functions as assigned by the General Manager. The Office Manager is a part of the management team at the branch level. Responsible for the implementation of efficient procedures for HR & general office administration. Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as reception, typing, bookkeeping, preparation of payrolls, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services. Evaluates office production, revises procedures, or devises new processes to improve efficiency of workflow.
Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices. Adheres to Walgreens policies with regard to the procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records. Plan office layouts and initiates cost reduction programs. Responsible for general orientation for all new hires. Responsible for performance, development, training and orientation of direct reports. Supervises, assists or processes payroll as needed to prepare for transmission to corporate. Ensures that payroll information is submitted timely. Maintains the clean, organized office environment with space and equipment in proper repair. Manages or supervises the management of the computer equipment and phone system. Participates at location as a member of the management team. Provides input for budget, strategic, and other meetings at the office. Observe legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and at least three years of experience in general office administration.
- At least 2 years experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Excellent knowledge of phone systems and basic office equipment.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office 2003 or later: Word (for example: creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), Excel (for example: creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows) and PowerPoint (for example: creating a new presentation from a design template, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, adding speaker notes, and viewing presentations).
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- At least 1 year experience in a Home Care setting.
The position(s) described here are for Walgreens Infusions Services, a former subsidiary of Walgreens Co. (“Walgreens”). Walgreens Infusion Services became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.